The Internationally Educated Physiotherapist (IEP) Exam Preparation program (IEPEP) has been designed to assist Internationally Educated Physiotherapists (IEPs) and Canadian-trained physiotherapists to prepare for, and successfully complete, the written and the practical components of the Canadian Physiotherapy Competency Examination (PCE).
The written exam preparation program is a self-directed study program that takes place over a three month period. Registrants do not need to reside in British Columbia in order to participate. The program provides:
An Online Curriculum:
- Five clinical modules with glossaries and study questions;
- A discussion board for IEPs in each cohort;
- An online ‘Resource List of Mentors’ who are available to help participants to practice skills and techniques in preparation for the QE;
- An initial 40 Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) Exam (available for the duration of the 3 month program);
- A 55 MCQ Exam (available for the duration of the 3 month program);
- Four MCQ Post Module Exams for the Neuromusculosketal, Neurological, Cardiopulmonary-vascular, and Multi-system modules. Each exam is open for five set days;
- An MCQ Exam Skills Module;
- A link to 23 Virtual patient Cases (multi–media presentations of complex cases)
One Written Tutorial Workshop (conducted via teleconference by experienced tutors):
- A one-and-a-half day Written Tutorial Workshop which takes place via teleconference. This workshop includes: 3 x 3.5 hour sessions that cover Neuromusculoskeletal, Neurology, and Cardiopulmonary-vascular content. Each session is led by an experienced tutor using MCQs and case studies to review key elements in the respective area of practice;
One 100+MCQ Exam & Program Capstone Workshop:
- A Final 100+ MCQ Exam followed by a Capstone Workshop session facilitated by an experienced tutor via teleconference. The workshop will cover new virtual patient cases and multiple choice questions.