IEPEP is designed to assist Internationally Educated Physiotherapists (IEPs) and Canadian-trained physiotherapists to prepare for, and successfully complete, the written and the practical components of the Canadian Physiotherapy Competency Examination (PCE).
The IEPEP written program is a self-directed study program that takes place over a three month period. Registrants do not need to reside in British Columbia in order to participate. The program provides:
- Five clinical modules with glossaries and study questions;
- A discussion board for IEPs in each cohort;
- An online ‘Resource List of Mentors’ who are available to help participants to practice skills and techniques in preparation for the QE;
- An initial 40 Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) Exam (available for the duration of the 3 month program);
- A 55 MCQ Exam (available for the duration of the 3 month program);
- Four MCQ Post Module Exams for the Neuromusculosketal, Neurological, Cardiopulmonary-vascular, and Multi-system modules. Each exam is open for five set days;
- An MCQ Exam Skills Module;
- A link to 23 Virtual patient Cases (multi–media presentations of complex cases)
Written Tutorial Workshop (conducted via teleconference by experienced tutors):
- This workshop includes 3 x 3.5 hour sessions that take place over one-and-a-half days via teleconference. The sessions cover Neuromusculoskeletal, Neurology, and Cardiopulmonary-vascular content. Each session is led by an experienced tutor using MCQs and case studies to review key elements in the respective area of practice;
Final 100+MCQ Exam:
- A Final 100+ MCQ Exam that will provide participants with an indication of preparedness for the National Exam.
Capstone Tutorial Workshop:
- This 2.5-hour Workshop is facilitated by an experienced tutor via teleconference. The workshop will allow participants to take part in an MCQ and case study discussion, and will also include an introduction and overview of complex health condition population management and planning. .